Quote of the week

breamoreboy at gmail.com breamoreboy at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 19:54:25 EDT 2017

On Wednesday, April 26, 2017 at 12:03:09 AM UTC+1, Ben Finney wrote:
> > "If it's not important enough to require tests it's not important
> > enough to be in Python." -- Ethan Furman
>
> Ethan Furman writes:
>
> > Yes, the smiley was acknowledgement that testing is hard, will never
> > be perfect, and we only have so much time -- but thorough tests should
> > still be the goal.
>
> I agree with the statement in full. I wonder what Terry disagrees with
> in that statement.
>
> --
>  \          “A hundred times every day I remind myself that […] I must |
>   `\       exert myself in order to give in the same measure as I have |
> _o__)                received and am still receiving” —Albert Einstein |
> Ben Finney

Terry actually said "In the context of debating how to improve python from where it is now, I do not find the quote very helpful, as it glosses over real difficulties of testing.  I will try to explain in the original thread." referring to https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-committers/2017-April/004436.html so if you pop over there I'm sure that you'll get your answer.

Kindest regards.

Mark Lawrence.