How to port a python package to a embedded system

Michael Torrie torriem at gmail.com
Tue Apr 25 13:15:34 EDT 2017

On 04/25/2017 08:07 AM, MRAB wrote:
> On 2017-04-25 07:28, chenchao wrote:
>> Hi, all:
>>
>>       I installed it by 'pip install numpy' or 'python setup.cfg
>> install'  on my PC, but I do not know how to do this on my arm board.
>> Because of my arm board does not have tool of pip. could you please tell
>> me any idea? Thanks!
>>
> This might help:
>
> How to install pip on Ubuntu
> http://www.saltycrane.com/blog/2010/02/how-install-pip-ubuntu/

If chenchao installed Python from a distro package (always recommended)
then that link is exactly what he needs to do.  In fact it would be a
good idea to install numpy from the repositories using apt-get also, if
it's there.

If he installed python from source (sounds like he did, since he
"x-compiled" it), he should already have pip as it's a standard part of
python since 2.7.9.  If pip isn't in the path, he can try:

python -m pip install numpy

and see what happens. Alternatively he can download this:
https://bootstrap.pypa.io/get-pip.py

and then run it with:

python get-pip.py