Turtle window not closing

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Sun Apr 23 01:14:56 EDT 2017

On 4/22/2017 3:52 AM, Peter Otten wrote:
> Harshika Varadhan via Python-list wrote:

> Are you running your script from within IDLE? Try starting it from the
> command line instead.

> Like turtle IDLE itself is a program written in tkinter, and the separation
> between editer and user code is not always perfect.

By default (now), IDLE runs user code, which in this case includes the
turtle and hence tkinter modules, in a separate process in which tkinter
is NOT used by IDLE (except for an error exit message).  Making it
possible to develop tkinter code with IDLE was a major reason for adding
the two process mode.

That said, the separation cannot be perfect (only one process can have
keyboard focus, for instance), and so in the absence of other ideas, I
also sometimes recommend running from a command line.

--
Terry Jan Reedy