OrderedDict with kwds

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Sat Apr 22 09:41:07 EDT 2017

INADA Naoki <songofacandy at gmail.com> writes:

> From Python 3.6, keyword arguments are ordered. So the docstring is
> outdated.

(Thank you, Inada-san, for the implementation!)

The announcement of the change specifies that we should not rely on
ordered ‘dict’:

    The order-preserving aspect of this new implementation is considered
    an implementation detail and should not be relied upon […].

    <URL:https://docs.python.org/3.6/whatsnew/3.6.html#new-dict-implementation>

So, I would recommend continuing to code as though ‘dict’ is not
ordered, at least until a Python version is released with a clear
statement that ordering can be relied upon.

--
 \       “Always do right. This will gratify some people, and astonish |
  `\                                            the rest.” —Mark Twain |