Microsoft now ships Python with SQL Server

Steve D'Aprano steve+python at pearwood.info
Sat Apr 22 08:05:06 EDT 2017

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/dataplatforminsider/2017/04/19/python-in-sql-server-2017-enhanced-in-database-machine-learning/

Quote:

We are excited to share the preview release of in-database analytics and
machine learning with Python in SQL Server. Python is one of the most
popular languages for data science and has a rich ecosystem of powerful
libraries.

Starting with the CTP 2.0 release of SQL Server 2017, you can now bring
Python-based intelligence to your data in SQL Server.

The addition of Python builds on the foundation laid for R Services in SQL
Server 2016 and extends that mechanism to include Python support for
in-database analytics and machine learning. We are renaming R Services to
Machine Learning Services, and R and Python are two options under this
feature.

/quote

--
Steve