Rawest raw string literals

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Thu Apr 20 16:01:12 EDT 2017

On 2017-04-20, MRAB <python at mrabarnett.plus.com> wrote:
> On 2017-04-20 17:40, Grant Edwards wrote:
>
>> There has to be some sort of "end of literal" terminator character
>> sequence.  That means there has to be some sort of escaping mechanism
>> when that "end of literal" sequence appears in the literal itself.
>>
> There _is_ a "universal solution"; it's called a Hollerith constant. :-)

Wow, I haven't seen one of those in a _long_ time -- probably about 45
years.  I think the first FORTAN implementation I used was WATFIV,
which had just introduced the character type. But, books/classes on
FORTRAN all still covered Hollerith constants.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Look!  A ladder!
                                  at               Maybe it leads to heaven,