Bigotry and hate speech on the python mailing list

jmp jeanmichel at sequans.com
Thu Apr 20 14:11:08 EDT 2017

On 04/18/2017 02:48 AM, Ethan Furman wrote:
> On 04/17/2017 03:23 PM, Ben Finney wrote:
>> So I will continue to treat all those topics equally: peripheral
>> comments on beliefs are just part of respectful human discourse, so long
>> as I'm respectful of the people who may hold such beliefs.
>
> So you're okay with respectfully making people of faith feel unwelcome?
>
> --
> ~Ethan~

I don't like signatures in general because I think it's an unsolicited
statement of one's opinion, but whenever I meet one I don't agree with,
I don't feel suddenly unwelcome.

However I fully support Ben's line of defense, people are worthy of
respect, ideas not necessarily.

Whenever I'm saying anything stupid about python, I expect this list to
react immediately, showing me how wrong I am. And usually this list
delivers :) and I never felt disrespected...

cheers,

jm