How to obtain an up-to-date document of tkinter

Mok-Kong Shen mok-kong.shen at t-online.de
Thu Apr 20 03:19:55 EDT 2017

Am 20.04.2017 um 02:16 schrieb breamoreboy at gmail.com:
> On Thursday, April 20, 2017 at 1:09:45 AM UTC+1, Mok-Kong Shen wrote:
>> How could one obtain an up-to-date document of tkinter. I ask this
>> question because apparently there are stuffs of tkinter that
>> worked in Python 3.5 but no longer in Python 3.6.1.

> https://docs.python.org/3/library/tkinter.html
>
> Can you please state what worked in 3.5 but doesn't in 3.6?

Yes. In Python V.3.5, I simply had the declaration:

from tkinter import *

and thereafter I could use in code lines e.g.:

messagebox.showerror(........)

However, in Python V.3.6.1, I have to have the declaration:

from tkinter import *
import tkinter.messagebox

and thereafter have to use:

tkinter.messagebox.showerror(........)