Pressing dot and show sub command in IPython

Steve D'Aprano steve+python at pearwood.info
Tue Apr 18 12:36:32 EDT 2017

On Wed, 19 Apr 2017 12:37 am, breamoreboy at gmail.com wrote:

> On Tuesday, April 18, 2017 at 2:17:12 PM UTC+1, David Shi wrote:
>> Hi, Matt,
>> How to make IPython work more interactively?
>> As I remember, pressing dot and sub command shows up suggestively in
>> IPython. But, now, after re-installing IPython notebook, it does not do
>> so any more. Looking forward to hearing from you.
>> Regards.
>> David
>
> Hi Matt, can you please show David how to use a search engine.  Thanks in
> anticipation.

Matt isn't here right now. Mark, why don't you use a search engine to help
solve the problem? Then you'll win brownie points for being helpful and
friendly instead of unhelpful and hostile.

David, you could try reading some of these:

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=ipython+dot+completion+not+working

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=ipython+tab+completion+not+working

If you still need help, you will need to explain the problem in a lot more
detail.

--
Steve
enough, things got worse.