Bigotry and hate speech on the python mailing list

Rurpy rurpy at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 18 10:01:01 EDT 2017

On 04/18/2017 03:30 AM, James McMahon wrote:
> Can the moderators please get involved here and remind people to address
> python related topics and questions on the python mailing list? While I can
> only speak to my interest when joining this list, isn't python why
> most people joined this list? Others have different and polarizing views on
> many subjects. This just isn't the right place to voice your views on
> subjects other than python. I delete this same tired thread every day, and
> every day it reappears. With all manners and due respect, stay on topic.
>
> Isn't this list content moderated by anyone?

I'll reply to you both jointly to minimize the length of this
thread which I too find unpleasant.

Whether you like it or not this list has a CoC governing it.
Discussions about appropriate posts ARE on-topic.
If you want a list where anyone can say any vile racist thing
they want, there are plenty of them on the internet, you dont
belong here.
I have nothing personal against Steven.  He called someone out
for being bigoted, then repeated the exact same offense himself.
If you want to shorten this thread then dont post inflammatory
remarks that will perpetuate it.
Please trim your replies and dont top post.