Unable to use Python IDLE after downloading the application

eryk sun eryksun at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 18:06:36 EDT 2017

On Mon, Apr 17, 2017 at 9:06 PM, ASHISH A <ashish.a.may at gmail.com> wrote:

> I could not launch IDLE and it gave me an error saying DLL file missing
> (attached snapshot).

python-list doesn't send attachments. Please do your best to
paraphrase error messages that can't be pasted as plain text.

> I have downloaded the DLL file

I hope you didn't download a system DLL from some arbitrary website,
which could contain malware. Only get Windows updates from Microsoft.

> and also installed Microsoft C++ redistributable 2015.(After following steps
> on you-tube to fix such DLL issues).

You didn't need the full C++ redistributable. If it's an error due to
the Universal C runtime, then you should install KB3118401 for your
version of Windows, which I presume is x64 Windows 8.1.