Installing a newly-built python on windows

joao.moreira.sa.coutinho at gmail.com joao.moreira.sa.coutinho at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 13:11:35 EDT 2017

Hi all,

I've followed the instructions in the 1st chapter (Getting Started) of the Python Developers's Guide to compile python 3.6 from source, using VS 2017 on a Windows 7 SP1. I successfully built 35 of the 40 subprojects, and the python interpreter in cpython\PCbuild\amd64 is working fine.

How do I now install this, so that users on this machine can use it ? I've found no instrutions on how to do this, can someone point me in the right direction ?

Alternatively, could someone point me to the source code for the python .msi installer ?

Thx,
Joao