Regular Expressions, Speed, Python, and NFA

Steve D'Aprano steve+python at pearwood.info
Fri Apr 14 12:17:35 EDT 2017

On Sat, 15 Apr 2017 01:12 am, Malik Rumi wrote:

> I couldn’t understand why, if this was even remotely correct,
> we don’t use NFA in Python
[...]

> I don’t think I’m qualified to take on the idea of creating
> a new NFA module for Python.

If not you, then who should do it?

Python is open source and written by volunteers. If you want something done,
there are only four possibilities:

- you do it yourself;

- you wait as long as it takes for somebody else to do it;

- you pay somebody to do it;

- or it doesn't get done.

If you're not willing or able to do the work yourself, does that help you
understand why we don't use NFA?

--
Steve
enough, things got worse.