Python and the need for speed

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Apr 14 09:04:46 EDT 2017

On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 10:04 PM, bartc <bc at freeuk.com> wrote:

>> Of course, if you feel the other way, you're most welcome to write
>> everything in C.
>

> 'pseudo-code' is often the language used to describe an algorithm in terms
> that are independent of any particular language. It doesn't usually contain
> classes or decorators.

Decorators no, classes sometimes. And then you try to transform that
pseudocode into executable code as closely as possible, and you need
some sort of feature that makes these things functional. For instance,
the pseudocode for the example I gave might be:

/hello/[name]:
    return "A very warm hello to you too, [name]!"

ChrisA