Namedtuples: some unexpected inconveniences

Deborah Swanson python at deborahswanson.net
Thu Apr 13 20:47:34 EDT 2017

Gregory Ewing wrote, on Thursday, April 13, 2017 12:17 AM

> Deborah Swanson wrote:
> > But I think you got it right in your last sentence below.
> defaultdict
> > copied them because they were immutable,
>
> No, definitely not. A defaultdict will never take it upon
> itself to copy an object you give it, either as a key or a value.
>
> The copying, if any, must have occurred somewhere else, in
> code that you didn't show us.
>
> Can you show us the actual code you used to attempt to
> update the namedtuples?
>
> --
> Greg

As I just told Peter, I just discovered earlier today that all of that
code is lost, and it will take awhile to rewrite. And now I have several
reasons to do so.

I don't know how long it will take, but I will come back and produce the
code that gave me this behavior.