"Goto" statement in Python

Mikhail V mikhailwas at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 14:08:24 EDT 2017

On 13 April 2017 at 19:38, Ian Kelly <ian.g.kelly at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 11:25 AM, Mikhail V <mikhailwas at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Functions and exceptions are considered "bells and whistles"?
>>
>> You mean probably classes and exceptions? For me, indeed they are,
>> but it depends.
>
> No, I meant functions (the first example) and exceptions (the second example).
>
>> And breaking the code into def() chunks that are not
>> functions but just chunks... I don't know, looks bad.
>
> I don't know what you mean by this. There is no such thing as a "def()
> chunk" that is not a function.

I mean that in my example I have consequent code and Rob takes a part of the
code and puts it in a function. And this is just a part of code, I don't need
here anything to wrap or return and don't want to scroll up and down and
collect it all in my brain back into original sequence. Therefore I've called
it abstract art.