IOError: [Errno 12] Not enough space

eryk sun eryksun at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 22:47:11 EDT 2017

On Tue, Apr 11, 2017 at 12:30 PM, LnT <tlnarayana at gmail.com> wrote:
> Opening browser 'firefox' to base url 'https://onbdev.nbpa.com/zae'
> [ WARN ] Keyword 'Capture Page Screenshot' could not be run on failure:
> No browser is open
> | FAIL |
> IOError: [Errno 12] Not enough space
>
> I have cleared %TEMP% and reran the script.

Errno 12 is ENOMEM. It's a memory error and has nothing to do with
disk space. The fact that you're getting this error while doing I/O
seems odd if you're really using Windows 10. In Windows 7 this error
is not uncommon with console I/O, since a small 64K heap of shared
memory is used for IPC between the client and the console host
(conhost.exe). Buffers for reading from and writing to the console can
be no larger than the largest contiguous block in this shared heap.
Otherwise the request fails with ERROR_NOT_ENOUGH_MEMORY, which the
CRT translates to the errno value ENOMEM. Windows 8+ uses a kernel
device (ConDrv) for IPC between the client and console host, so it
doesn't have this limitation.