Inclusion of of python and python libraries licensed with BSD- 3 clause license in proprietary software

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Tue Apr 11 17:14:01 EDT 2017

On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 7:03 AM, Abhishek Kumar
<abhishek.physics01 at gmail.com> wrote:
> thanks for your response I am planning to distribute as a stand alone package (fro windows .exe). Should I worry about the license in this case?!
> Like I mentioned lawyers in my town have little or no idea about open source ..

Yes, in the sense that you should talk to a lawyer. It's going to
depend on how clearly you separate your code from other people's code.

You can get further advice from this list, but be aware that this is
NOT binding legal advice. I am not a lawyer, nor are most of the
people here, and even if one of us is, we're not _your_ lawyer and may
not be in your jurisdiction.

ChrisA