Need help with getting Key, Value out of dicts in lists

Kenton Brede kbrede at gmail.com
Sun Apr 9 17:21:47 EDT 2017

Thanks for the response Irv.  On one level I'm glad to know that someone
more knowledgeable than myself sees this data structure as difficult. :)  I
was thinking it was an easy problem to solve.  Unfortunately that is the
structure I have to use.

The data comes from pulling back tag information on AWS load balancers.  So
each list within the overall parent list are tags from one load balancer.
Each dict pair inside the inner lists, is one tag.  To simplify, below is a
representation of one load balancer and two tags.  The parent list contains
multiple inner lists, each for a single load balancer.

[
    [
        {
            "Value": "20176783-181622543367489",
            "Key": "Resource_group_id"
        },
        {
            "Value": "shibboleth-prd-alb",
            "Key": "Name"
        }
    ],
]

I have an ugly solution of 'for loops' and 'if statements' that works,
which uses a different path to get to the information.  I was just hoping
to be more direct by matching the 'Value' of  'Key: Resource_group_id' and
pull back the 'Value' of 'Key: Name' and other tags as needed.

Thanks,

Kenton Brede