Text-mode apps (Was :Who are the "spacists"?)

Mikhail V mikhailwas at gmail.com
Tue Apr 4 19:10:28 EDT 2017

On 3 April 2017 at 19:55, Steve D'Aprano <steve+python at pearwood.info> wrote:

> I didn't see you calling out Rick for his prejudice against those who aren't
> American, his absurd belief that "most" people are satisfied with ASCII,

Hmm... that is interesting.
Everyone has some beliefs...
If I make a bit more on-topic question:
What is "satisfied" with ASCII, or what is
"we need Unicode", where and what for?
What is your "satisfaction" with Unicode?

For me it is a font, where images given
numbers, ok, then we need obviosly to
look at it,  e.g.  if you make a codec.

So you are just stating the fact that font files
store them in this order and a txt file in Notepad
will show them in correct order?
hmm... I just thought you have some idea,
e.g. what glyphs you adore esthetically
or find especially useful in your life.

Which of some 40 images that are needed for _you_
to represent speech and numbers, you find
IDK, appealing or annoying, or what?

In typesetting, I find annoying caps inculsion, too
little space between sentences and not so good separator
character design, some flaws in letter design.
For development purposes I would need some
glyphs for non-printable characters, ok
few glyphs more.

Tak zachem _nuzhen_ Unikod ?
Rasskazhi chto-nibud interesnoe.