Which directory should requests and openpyxl modules be installed to?

Nathan Ernst nathan.ernst at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 18:25:45 EDT 2017

Hi Pauline,

I was able to infer you're on Windows, but not which version. Try
right-clicking on the start menu to start a command prompt as an
administrator (I'm not sure that was available in Windows 7, and I don't
have access to a Win7 box currently to verify). Failing that, you should be
able to find a shortcut to the command prompt somewhere under
Programs\Windows, Programs\Windows Accessories, or a like named folder.
Just keep looking, it's there. (the parent folder will be named Windows or
Programs - look through all subfolders until you find it). Once you find
it, right-click and select run as Administrator. Then, you should be able
to run the pip install command just fine.

If you cannot find Command Prompt for whatever reason, an alternate way is
to create a short cut on your desktop. Just right-click on your desktop.
Select New\Create Shortcut. When it asks you to select the location of the
file, just enter "cmd.exe".  Hit "next" until the dialog exits. Then,
right-click on the newly created shortcut and select "run as
administrator", then try your pip install command. Where you run the pip
command (i.e. current directory should not matter).

Regards