Text-mode apps (Was :Who are the "spacists"?)

Steve D'Aprano steve+python at pearwood.info
Sat Apr 1 22:18:03 EDT 2017

On Sun, 2 Apr 2017 09:11 am, Rick Johnson wrote:

> The majority of the populations you reference are
> illiterate.

/face-palm

The majority of Chinese and Japanese are illiterate. Really?

Even India has a literacy rate of 74%, which is not far off the functional
literacy rate in the US of 86%.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/06/illiteracy-rate_n_3880355.html

(I know I'm comparing apples with oranges. But when 14% of the adult
population can *effectively* not read, despite being educated in the
wealthiest economy in the world, you don't get to point the finger at
other, poorer, countries and nations for their literacy problems.)

You're entitled to your own opinions, you're not entitled to your own facts.
Until you learn some actual facts, instead of the prejudices and self-
serving ignorance that you are currently operating on, your opinions are
based on fantasy, and you alternate between laughably obnoxious and just
obnoxious.

> Then create whatever encodings you so desire and then STFU about it.

The necessary encoding exists. Its called Unicode.

> Go request an audience from your beloved Queen Mother

My "beloved" Queen Mother? Oh dear, you really don't know me very well.

Besides, the old girl died in 2002.

> And yet America continues to be emulated by 100% of the world.

Well, at least 100% of the world that you know of. Which isn't saying much.

--
Steve
enough, things got worse.