sorting list python

Robert L. No_spamming at noWhere_7073.org
Sat Apr 1 17:12:34 EDT 2017

On 1/18/2017, Peter Otten wrote:

> with partite.txt looking like this
>
> > 74' Kessie'
> > 90' + 4' D'alessandro
> > 51' Mchedlidze
> > 54' Banega
> > 56' Icardi
> > 65' Icardi
> > 14' Sau
>

> Assuming you want to perform a numerical sort on the numbers before the '
> you can just apply sorted
>
> with open(...) as f:
>     print("".join(sorted(f))
>
> as long as all number strings have the same length.
>
> If that's not the case python's sorted() has decorate-sort-undecorate
> capabilities built in -- no need to do it manually:
>
> with open("partite.txt") as f:
>     by_number = sorted(f, key=lambda line: int(line.partition("'")[0]))
>     print("".join(by_number))

puts IO.readlines('foo.txt').sort_by( &:to_i )

14' Sau
51' Mchedlidze
54' Banega
56' Icardi
65' Icardi
74' Kessie'
90' + 4' D'alessandro
    ==>nil

--
Jews totally run Hollywood....  But I don't care if Americans think we're
running the news media, Hollywood, Wall Street, or the government.  I just care