Nested for loops and print statements

jmp jeanmichel at sequans.com
Mon Sep 26 12:25:16 EDT 2016

On 09/26/2016 05:25 PM, Cai Gengyang wrote:
> I just wanted to note that sometimes the code works, sometimes it doesn't. (even though both are exactly the same code) ... Weird , dum dum dum

>         for column in range(10):
> 	  print("*",end="")
>
> SyntaxError: inconsistent use of tabs and spaces in indentation
> 	for column in range(10):
> 	   print("*",end="")

Here,

from itertools import product
for row,column in product(range(10), range(10)): print("*", end="")

Problem solved :)

On a more serious note, they're not the same code, in the same way than

print("foo")
print("bar")

is not the same code than

print("foo")print("bar")

You're fooled by your editor which displays 2 different characters the
same way. Tab or space does matter in python, get over it and move on
with your python life. Actually python is a great debugger for
misconfigured text editors.

jm