Stompy

Jason Friedman jsf80238 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 25 13:46:14 EDT 2016

My goal is to send messages to an AMQ server using Python 3.3.  I found
Stompy and performed
2to3-3.3 before building.  I am open to non-Stompy solutions.

My code:
from stompy.stomp import Stomp
my_stomp = Stomp(AMQ_HOST, AMQ_PORT)
my_stomp.connect(AMQ_USERNAME, AMQ_PASSWORD)

My error:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "temp.py", line 8, in <module>
    my_stomp.connect(AMQ_USERNAME, AMQ_PASSWORD)
  File "/lclapps/oppen/thirdparty/stompy/stomp.py", line 48, in connect
    self.frame.connect(self.sock, username=username, password=password,
clientid=clientid)
  File "/lclapps/oppen/thirdparty/stompy/frame.py", line 92, in connect
    self.send_frame(frame.as_string())
  File "/lclapps/oppen/thirdparty/stompy/frame.py", line 250, in send_frame
    self.sock.sendall(frame)
TypeError: 'str' does not support the buffer interface