Automated refactoring tools (was: How to import all things defined the files in a module directory in __init__.py?)

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Fri Sep 23 00:08:11 EDT 2016

Peng Yu <pengyu.ut at gmail.com> writes:

> Is there such a good automated tool for python refactoring?

This sounds like a job for — Bicycle Repair Man!

    Watch him extract jumbled code into well ordered classes.

    Gasp, as he renames all occurrences of a method.

    Thank You Bicycle Repair Man!

    <URL:http://bicyclerepair.sourceforge.net/>

There is also Rope <URL:https://pypi.python.org/pypi/rope> which is a
library used in numerous programming environments, including Emacs
<URL:https://pypi.python.org/pypi/ropemacs>.

--
 \           “I just got out of the hospital; I was in a speed-reading |
  `\     accident. I hit a bookmark and flew across the room.” —Steven |