Any ReST aware editors?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 11:20:38 EDT 2016

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 9:13 PM, Steve D'Aprano
<steve+python at pearwood.info> wrote:
> What I'd like is an editor with a split window, one side showing the rst
> that I can edit, the other side showing the formatted text updated as I
> type. (Or at least, updated every thirty seconds or so.)

If I were doing this, I'd simply have a script that watches the .rst
file and rebuilds a corresponding output file, which can then be shown
in another window, completely separate to the editor. Advantage:
Requires no editor integration, so you can use any editor you like.
Disadvantage: Can't see changes until you save. Advantage: Forces you
to save frequently :)

ChrisA