Pasting code into the cmdline interpreter

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Sep 22 02:54:32 EDT 2016

Veek M <vek.m1234 at gmail.com> writes:

> Ben Finney wrote:
>
> > Since you are writing code into a module file, why not just run the
> > module from that file with the non-interactive Python interpreter?
> >
> It's part of a hexchat plugin/addon..

Which tells me that it still isn't appropriate to copy-paste the code
directly into the *interactive* Python interpreter. Instead, it's a
module that should be imported from file, by Hexchat.

Unless I misunderstand what you're talking about?

--
 \     “Capitalism has destroyed our belief in any effective power but |
  `\      that of self interest backed by force.” —George Bernard Shaw |