Another å, ä, ö question

Martin Schöön martin.schoon at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 13:47:14 EDT 2016

Den 2016-09-20 skrev Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com>:
> On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 6:21 AM, Martin Schöön <martin.schoon at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> What version of Python? Python 3 accepts Unicode UTF-8 as a matter of course.
>>
>> Python 2.7.
>> I just tried running my code in Python 3 and that worked like charm.
>
> Then you've found the solution. Py2's Unicode support is weaker than
> Py3's, and it often depends on encodings.

Yes, so it seems. I have told emacs to invoke python3 instead of python
and then it worked like just fine.

I assume there is a setting somewhere in Geany that tells it to run
python3 rather than python but I have failed to find it.

Case closed as far as I am concerned.

Thanks for the help and patience.

/Martin