how to automate java application in window using python

Christian Gollwitzer auriocus at gmx.de
Mon Sep 19 02:47:04 EDT 2016

Am 19.09.16 um 00:45 schrieb Lawrence D’Oliveiro:
> On Sunday, September 18, 2016 at 11:02:57 PM UTC+12, Christian Gollwitzer wrote:
>>
>> Am 18.09.16 um 12:26 schrieb Lawrence D’Oliveiro:
>>
>>> Considering the power available in Free Software toolkits like
>>> ImageMagick, G’MIC and so on, not to mention libraries accessible
>>> from Python itself, let me suggest that such proprietary software
>>> simply isn’t worth bothering with any more.
>>
>> I was expecting that argument. Free software gives you a lot in this
>> area, but there are commercial signal processing programs with unmatched
>> quality. Examples:
>>
>> https://ni.neatvideo.com/
>>   or for audio
>> http://www.celemony.com/en/melodyne/what-is-melodyne
>
> If these tools are so wonderful,

They are.

> why don’t they offer command-line versions?
>
> I’ll tell you why: because it would likely mean they would sell fewer copies.

I agree with you.

> A CLI gives the user power over the computer. While a GUI is a great
> way to give the computer, and proprietary software companies, power
> over the user.

I mostly agree with you. Doesn't change the fact, that IF you are in the
situation that you have a program without a reasonable command line
interfacem and IF you need to process some data in an automated fashion
which can't be done from the GUI, then there is room for a "GUI
automation" tool or whatever you call it.

Don't get it wrong, we all like free software and sane APIs and a Python
binding to the mowing robot. Still, sometimes you just need to get the
job done and it doesn't matter how.

	Christian