how to automate java application in window using python

Paul Rubin no.email at nospam.invalid
Sun Sep 18 13:25:17 EDT 2016

Steve D'Aprano <steve+python at pearwood.info> writes:
>> Automation doesn't simulate button presses
> Rather than saying that it *doesn't*, it might be better to say that it
> doesn't *necessarily* simulate button presses.

I'm no Windoze guru but I always understood Automation (sometimes
written with a capital A) to refer to a specific set of interfaces.
I.e. it's not a generic term for driving one program with another.  As
with almost everything, there's a wiki article:

  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OLE_Automation

> The thing about simulating button presses is that:
> (1) you can absolutely guarantee that it does exactly the same as what

Yes, this is valuable for UI testing and there were/are several testing
systems that work that way.  Automation is something different.