how to automate java application in window using python

Matt Wheeler m at funkyhat.org
Sun Sep 18 04:53:50 EDT 2016

On Thu, 15 Sep 2016, 08:12 meInvent bbird, <jobmattcon at gmail.com> wrote:

> how to automate java application in window using python
>
> 1. scroll up or down of scroll bar
> 2. click button
> 3. type text in textbox

I would recommend having a look at pywinauto
https://github.com/pywinauto/pywinauto

It presents a very nice pythonic interface to Windows and the controls
within them, allowing statements such as (copied from the Readme):

app.UntitledNotepad.MenuSelect("Help->About Notepad")
app.AboutNotepad.OK.Click()
app.UntitledNotepad.Edit.TypeKeys ("pywinauto Works!", with_spaces = True)

(I found it already quite stable when I first used it a couple of years
ago, and looking at the Readme now it's clearly still an active project,
the optional image capture feature using pillow is new)