Oh gods can we get any more off-topic *wink* [was Re: [Python-ideas] Inconsistencies]

Steven D'Aprano steve+comp.lang.python at pearwood.info
Wed Sep 14 03:20:39 EDT 2016

On Wednesday 14 September 2016 16:54, Rustom Mody wrote:

> everything we know will be negated in 5-50-500 years

I'm pretty sure that in 5, 50, 500 or even 5000 years, the sun will still rise
in the east, water will be wet, fire will burn, dogs will have mammary glands
and frogs[1] won't, and the square root of 100 will still be 10.

Isaac Asimov once wrote:

    When people thought the earth was flat, they were wrong. When people
    thought the earth was spherical, they were wrong. But if you think that
    thinking the earth is spherical is just as wrong as thinking the earth
    is flat, then your view is wronger than both of them put together.

http://chem.tufts.edu/AnswersInScience/RelativityofWrong.htm

[1] Assuming that there are any frogs left by then.

--
Steven
git gets easier once you get the basic idea that branches are homeomorphic