Mysterious Logging Handlers

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 12:47:07 EDT 2016

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 2:12 AM, Josh English
<Joshua.R.English at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > Even more mysterious, after I run the file (in an IDE so I have a REPL
>> > afterwards), I have:
>>
>> Don't run your code in an IDE. The interaction between your and their code
>> can make debugging harder than necessary.
>
> I suspect the IDE was the problem, because the dedicated console option solved the problem.

IDEs can be really helpful, but they do introduce extra variables.
Whenever you have a problem, save your code to a stand-alone script
(if it isn't already one), and run it independently of the IDE. You
should be able to just pull up a terminal on your system and run
"python3 scriptname.py" to see it run in a clean(er) envirnonment.

ChrisA