[Python-ideas] Inconsistencies

Marko Rauhamaa marko at pacujo.net
Mon Sep 12 09:12:02 EDT 2016

"Eric S. Johansson" <esj at harvee.org>:

>> No, God isn't part of the universe, any more than an author is part
>> of his novel.
>>
> as any fiction writer will tell you, the author is found in one or
> more of their characters.

God created us in his image. IOW, God is a Python hacker, and we are
instances of some Python classes running on a cosmic VM.

The Book suggests God had some initial interaction with his creation but
quickly grew frustrated and ultimately bored. He must have found other
interests (or friends) long time ago, but has apparently forgotten the
server running in a corner closet. It has been prophesied that God will
eventually write a Version 2 of the universe which will have most of the
known glitches in Version 1 fixed. Mandatory upgrades will be pushed
from the Cloud.

Personally, I suspect Version 2 is all vaporware.

Marko