PEP 492: isn't the "await" redundant?

Marko Rauhamaa marko at pacujo.net
Fri Sep 9 07:26:59 EDT 2016

Chris Angelico <rosuav at gmail.com>:
> FWIW I think it's great that they have similar coding styles. We don't
> have a problem with threading and multiprocessing having very similar
> APIs, do we? Yet they exist to solve distinctly different problems.

Well, Ext4, BtrFS, XFS and ReiserFS have very similar APIs. In fact,
they exist to solve the same problems. One day, a file system might
emerge that supersedes all other file systems.

It's a similar deal between asyncio and threading. The problem space is
the same: managing concurrency with almost identical programming models.

Marko