What you can do about legalese nonsense on email (was: How to split value where is comma ?)

D'Arcy J.M. Cain darcy at Vex.Net
Fri Sep 9 07:23:04 EDT 2016

On Thu, 08 Sep 2016 18:27:44 -0400
Random832 <random832 at fastmail.com> wrote:
> If every lawyer in the world benefits from the interpretation that
> this sort of notice is legally effective (since tomorrow it may be
> they who accidentaly send privileged information), who will argue in
> court that it's not? The reality is more complex, and it appears that
> it may only apply if the accidental recipient is a lawyer. I really

I often wonder if these automatic disclaimers actually remove any
protection that they might have if they were used judiciously.  If they
had any validity wouldn't the fact that they are attached to every
email, even ones obviously meant for the public, give someone an
argument that they don't really apply?

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain
System Administrator, Vex.Net