How to diagnose CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED on Windows for websites working in browsers?

Chris Angelico rosuav at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 05:52:09 EDT 2016

On Fri, Sep 9, 2016 at 7:47 PM, Chi Hsuan Yen <yan12125 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I found that OpenSSL provides an X509 callback hook that allows clients to
> know why the verification process fails. Seems CPython does not use it yet.
> I hope it can be added to CPython. Where should I go next, python-dev,
> python-ideas or bugs.python.org? Thanks.

Are you wanting a way to provide a custom callback from your
application, or have this as a standard feature that enhances the
error return?

Either way, I would go to python-ideas with details about what you're
hoping for. It sounds like it's not going to be overly complex, so it
might end up just going straight to the tracker, but I'd start with
-ideas.

ChrisA