Fwd: Fwd: Python freeze fails with warning: the use of `tempnam' is dangerous, better use `mkstemp'

dieter dieter at handshake.de
Fri Sep 9 02:15:57 EDT 2016

"Alexander N. Moibenko" <moibenko at fnal.gov> writes:
> In fact I tried issuing commands manually, but they did not give me
> any hint more than I already had.

When I remember right, then "gcc" has an option to show details
about the calling of the phase commands ("gcc" is a coordinating
programm delegating the real work to subcommands ("cpp", "cc1", "ld", ...)).

Key to your problem seems to understand why "ld/collect2" fails.
Usually, you should get a clear error message corresponding to this
failure (e.g. "symbol SSSS undefined"). Getting only
"collect2 exited with error code 1" is unusual.

I would approach the problem by isolating the "collect2/ld" command
and then try hard to determine what the command is doing and why it
fails (e.g. by "strace"ing it).

"collect2" is usually used for "C++" programs (collecting code
for the initialization of static C++ objects). Maybe, the difference
between Python 2.7 and earlier Python versions is that it includes C++
parts - and maybe, "collect2" has some (still not understood) problems
in your environment.