What you can do about legalese nonsense on email

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Fri Sep 9 00:47:01 EDT 2016

Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> writes:

> Something that some 'we' could do is ask the python-list
> manager/programmers, or more broadly, the mailman developers, to
> recognize an 'end of message' line, such as '--end message--' and
> delete it and anything appended thereafter.

No, that would be mangling messages in transit, to reverse someone
else's mangling of messages in transit.

That kind of arms race is foolish to enter in the first place. I would
not agree to that policy.

--
 \     “I went to a fancy French restaurant called ‘Déjà Vu’. The head |
  `\                  waiter said, ‘Don't I know you?’” —Steven Wright |