Extend unicodedata with a name/pattern/regex search for character entity references?

alister alister.ware at ntlworld.com
Mon Sep 5 04:59:49 EDT 2016

On Mon, 05 Sep 2016 08:15:42 +0200, Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn wrote:

>> So Veek should be able to appease P.E. by calling himself 'Veek "David
>> Smith" M'.
>
> That would not help.  “Veek” might be (the transcription of) a given
> name or a family name, but “Veek M” is not a real name.  [Real name
> filter rules need to be adapted, though, because “O” is the
> transcription of an East Asian family name.]

How can you possible know that Veek M is not a reall name?
what rules for real names have you found that is 100% reliable

I suggest you read the following.

https://www.kalzumeus.com/2010/06/17/falsehoods-programmers-believe-about-
names/

provided people always* refer to themselves the same way then they can be
identified, continually changing name to hide ones identity is another
issue & there are not many legitimate reasons to do so

*personally I don't even care about that.

--
Lawn mower blade in your fan need sharpening