C Python extension to export an Function

Ganesh Pal ganesh1pal at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 02:37:24 EDT 2016

Hi Team,

Iam on python 2.7 and  Linux.

Iam pretty new to C Python extension , I was able to export few simple

modules to python and it look like the cool thing to do , but Iam stuck

for with a problem now , Iam not able to figure out how to export
fun_addr_from_addr()

to Python. I would need some suggestion on how to develop a C Python
API for the below piece of code.

1. The end goal is to export fun_addr_from_addr(baddr, *baddr) to Python.

  Perhaps by creating a python wrapper for  fun_bh_toblkoff() would help me ?

Here is the sample example code.

fun_toblkoff(dda_locn_t *locn,
    struct ifs_baddr *baddr, int *poff, int *psize)
{
   if (dda_locnparm_get(locn) != OK)
      return FAIL;

   /* fill in baddr */
   *baddr = dda_index_to_baddr(locn->idx);

   if (locn->flags & DLFLAG)
      locn->xoff = fun_addr_from_addr(baddr, *baddr);

   *poff = 0;
   *psize = _BSIZE;

   return OK;
}

  So the primary challenge when writing a wrapper for a single
function is figuring out how to get the arguments from

Python form to C form, and how to get the result back to Python form.

Regards,

Ganesh