pip3 : command not found

Vishal Subbiah subbiahvishal at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 20:49:48 EDT 2016

Hi,

So I wads trying to install some packages for python3. when I run pip3 in
terminal i receive the error
"pip3 : command not found". When looking at the path, I noticed
/usr/local/Cellar/python3/3.5.2_3 does not have pip3 in the directory while
/usr/local/Cellar/python3/3.5.2_2 does have. I am guessing this is the
issue. I tried using the get-pip.py and that didnt work either.

When I search for pip I find pip, pip2 and pip2.7 all of which are for
python 2.7.

I tried uninstalling python3 and reinstalling but that didnt work either.

I am running this on Mac OS Sierra.

Please let me know how I can fix this.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards,
Vishal Subbiah
Institute for Computational and Mathematical Engineering
Masters Student
Stanford University