Why doesn't Python include non-blocking keyboard input function?

Steve D'Aprano steve+python at pearwood.info
Fri Oct 28 20:13:02 EDT 2016

On Sat, 29 Oct 2016 02:03 am, Chris Angelico wrote:

> born in those lackadaisical days when "Extended ASCII" was a single
> thing, because the rest of the world didn't exist

I know you're being sarcastic, but "extended ASCII" *never* was a single
thing, even for Americans who ignored the rest of the world. You had IBM PC
extended ASCII, Apple Macintosh extended ASCII, Hewlett-Packard extended
ASCII, Atari extended ASCII ("ATASCII"), Commodore extended ASCII
("PETSCII"), and more.

--
Steve
enough, things got worse.