Why doesn't Python include non-blocking keyboard input function?

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 10:28:21 EDT 2016

On 2016-10-27, BartC <bc at freeuk.com> wrote:
> On 27/10/2016 23:31, Chris Angelico wrote:

>> When you exec to a process, you provide multiple arguments, not a
>> single combined string.
>
> Really, there could be dozens of arguments? Windows' CreateProcess() (if
> that's the same thing) has ten of which one is the command-line as a
> single string, while C's system() just has one.

He didn't say "when you CreateProcess()" or "when you system()", he
said "when you exec".  Take a look at the exec man page:

  http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man3/exec.3.html

Note that the arguments are passed as arbitrary length arrays of
character pointers.

> This might just be one of those Unixisms that doesn't apply on all
> platforms.

By using the name of a Unix system call, one might think so.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! I'm a fuschia bowling
                                  at               ball somewhere in Brittany