Why doesn't Python include non-blocking keyboard input function?

BartC bc at freeuk.com
Fri Oct 28 06:02:23 EDT 2016

On 28/10/2016 10:22, Christian Gollwitzer wrote:
> Am 28.10.16 um 10:59 schrieb Marko Rauhamaa:

> So "less" in C uses ncurses. You can do the same in Python, "import
> curses" - instead of fiddling with terminal escape characters you leave
> that to a library, just like less does it.

As I commented further up the thread, I tried 'import curses' in Windows
and it said it couldn't find the module.

(Looking at docs.python.org: "No one has made a Windows port of the
curses module".)

If you intend this keyboard handling to be a very minor part of a larger
application, you don't want it falling over the first time someone tries
to use it.

--
Bartc