Why doesn't Python include non-blocking keyboard input function?

Grant Edwards grant.b.edwards at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 10:07:45 EDT 2016

On 2016-10-27, Marko Rauhamaa <marko at pacujo.net> wrote:
> Grant Edwards <grant.b.edwards at gmail.com>:
>> I've offered a few times to extend the Linux pty driver to support the
>> same set of ioctl calls that a tty does (so that it could be used in
>> place of a tty generally), but I've never gotten any response.
>
> Ah, Linux kernel politics are Byzantine. It's virtually impossible to
> get a hearing at the linux-kernel main mailing list. Did you try one of
> the targeted mailing lists on <URL:
> http://vger.kernel.org/vger-lists.html>?

Yes, I posted my proposal to the linux-serial list -- which I _think_
is the right one for the pty driver, but that may not have been the
right list.

I suspect proposals like mine generally just get ignored unless you
can show code to back them up.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! My face is new, my
                                  at               license is expired, and I'm