HTML templating tools

Ben Finney ben+python at benfinney.id.au
Thu Oct 20 06:31:33 EDT 2016

Tony van der Hoff <tony at vanderhoff.org> writes:

> However, htmltmpl is not available for python3, and doesn't look as if
> it ever will be. Can anyone recommend a suitable replacement (preferably
> compatible with htmltmpl)?

I don't know about compatibility with that tool (I've never heard of
it).

There are many good templating engines for Python 3, including two of
the most popular:

* Mako <URL:http://www.makotemplates.org/>
* Jinja <URL:http://jinja.pocoo.org/>

You can read about many more at the Python wiki
<URL:https://wiki.python.org/moin/Templating> though not, sadly, a
categorisation by Python 3 support.

--
 \           “Prayer must never be answered: if it is, it ceases to be |
  `\   prayer and becomes correspondence.” —Oscar Wilde, _The Epigrams |