[FAQ] "Best" GUI toolkit for python

Wildman best_lay at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 17 20:57:20 EDT 2016

On Tue, 18 Oct 2016 00:58:42 +0200, pozz wrote:

> I'm sorry, I know it is a FAQ..., but I couldn't find a good answer.
>
> I'm learning python and I'd like to start creating GUI applications,
> mainly for Windows OS. In the past, I wrote many applications in Visual
> Basic 4: it was very fast and you could create simple but effective GUIs
> in Windows in some minutes.

I am also learning Python so my experience is limited.  I have
tried pyGTK and Tkinter.  GTK's concept of the hbox and vbox
gave me of difficulty.  I couldn't get the GUI to look the way
I wanted.  OTOH, Tkinter offers a way to place widgets on a
window/frame in a precise way:  self.widget.place(x=#, y=#)
That is similar to VB's move statement.  GTK may have such a
feature but I was not able to find it.  Anyway, my choice based
on my limited experience is Tkinter.  Here is a good place to
start...

http://infohost.nmt.edu/tcc/help/pubs/tkinter/web/index.html

This will give you several places to look for additional info...

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=tkinter+tutorials&t=h_&ia=web

--
<Wildman> GNU/Linux user #557453
The cow died so I don't need your bull!