How to process syntax errors

Pierre-Alain Dorange pdorange at pas-de-pub-merci.mac.com
Wed Oct 12 09:46:54 EDT 2016

Terry Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> wrote:

> > Using this function, the code is "compiled".
> > I do not think this function is often used and most python project
> > simply use the interpreter (which do a small translation into byte-code
> > to be faster and check syntax error before running interpretation
>
> You seem to be confusing CPython with, for instance, simple BASIC
> interpreters that tokenized the code, translated keywords to function
> numbers, and did other 'small translations' before execution.
>
> The CPython compiler lexes (tokenizes), ll(1) parses to a syntax tree,
> does some analysis and transformation of the tree, and translates it to
> the bytecode for an stack machine.  All done using standard compiler theory.

Yes i'm probably confusing things ; i've not explore Python
implentation, i'm just an amateur developer.
But what confuse me, is that Python require "real live" interpratation
of the code to work properly (or perhaps i also confuse on that but
Python rely on interpretation of the code to conform to its own
standard, ie variables can change type during execution...)

--
Pierre-Alain Dorange               Moof <http://clarus.chez-alice.fr/>

Ce message est sous licence Creative Commons "by-nc-sa-2.0"
<http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/fr/>